Super Simple Buffalo Chicken Dip

My husband and I have been doing "dirty" Keto for a little bit now. Of course he's had more success than me, because you know, he really needs to get those extra baby pounds off finally (insert eye roll). Okay enough of being bitter, let me tell you all the ways and reasons we love this! I can eat this true Keto and still serve it to my kiddos as a balanced meal. There is protein (chicken), fats /dairy (cream cheese & cheddar) and then you can choose to serve with a variety of dippers (veggies, multigrain chips, pita crisps, etc.), or you can serve it up on a bun with a side of veggies for a new take on a chicken salad sandwich either way, YUMMY! There are so many possibilities!  

I've made this a few times now and it seems to be a crowd pleaser (even my littles love it). I love that I am able to adjust the "spicy" factor accordingly and they just love to dip anything and everything. I have served this as a snack for Sunday game day, and as a light lunch when we've had a late and heavy breakfast. This dish would be great for parties, baby showers, in-prompt-to get togethers, lazy day meal, you name it.

The recipe below is written with canned chicken, but I have made it with fresh cooked chicken and it works just as well. You could even use a rotisserie chicken for a quick post grocery shopping meal. You know the, "I just spent $250 and an hour at the grocery store and now I don't feel like cooking" feeling I'm sure. Throw your fresh chicken in the instant pot for an even faster, hands off chicken prep- (shred the chicken once done and put the pot on saute mode and finish recipe as noted below). I don't know about you, but I love a good "hands off" meal- I mean I only have about a million other things to do at a time so those help me balance (balance my wine glass in one hand and chocolate in the other- don't judge). 

Please note- I don't usually measure things unless I am baking- so these are estimated measurements, add more or less of what you like and enjoy!


                                                                                        Lori   

       



Super Simple Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe: 

Prep Time: 10 minutes        Serves: 4

2 5oz cans of chicken of choice (I used Valley Fresh Organic chicken breast in water).
1 block of cream cheese of choice (I use full fat but you can sub for the less fat version or even the cream cheese/ Greek yogurt mix). 
1 cup of shredded cheddar (divided) 
1/2tsb of grass fed butter *optional
Buffalo Sauce of choice - to taste I probably used about 2tsps in my mix and a bit more for garnish and it was still mild enough for the kids to eat.
3tbs of ranch seasoning- I used Badia All Purpose Ranch Seasoning from Aldi (or about half an envelop of a ranch dip packet will work)
salt and pepper to taste
green onions for garnish *optional

In a medium sauce pan cook can chicken until white reduce heat add salt and pepper, HALF of your ranch seasoning, butter and a small amount of Buffalo sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes on med heat. Reduce heat to lowest setting and add block of cream cheese cut into 4 chunks (to speed up melting process) add remaining ranch seasoning. Once cream cheese is just about melted add HALF of the cheddar and melt. Taste the dip (it will be hot so use caution) add more Buffalo sauce as desired. Remove from heat and place in serving dish. Add remaining cheddar and a few dashes of Buffalo sauce for garnish. Finish with green onions and serve as desired.

.

Comments