Easter Baskets

I don't know about you, but when it comes to stuffing a basket, a stocking, a bucket whatever I get excited. I have so much fun finding cute special things for each of my kiddos (and sometimes the hubby too). For me, it's fun to find sweet little surprises for each of them that fits their own personality and interests. I always try to keep their fillers fair and even, every item in one basket has a corresponding item in the others basket (I get a little OCD about this). I do usually keep to the same general concept for their baskets, but do change the items, theme etc. slightly from year to year to make things age appropriate and keep it fun for them. Made y'all a list of the must haves!

Mommy Me-  Easter Basket List!
-arts and crafts supplies (crayons, markers etc.)
-mini projects- usually Easter or Christian themed
-small toys that are of interest (this year we are doing the "mystery" or surprise toys- Barbie, Ryan,     Rainbocorns and Dino Smashers)
-outdoor toys and activities (I change it up from year to year sand pails, chalk, bubbles, kites, rockets, twirling ribbons, skip-it balls, hula hoops etc.)
-accessories- bows, necklaces, hair clips for my daughter (coordinating with her Easter dress of course)  and shades and hats for my son. 
-books- I love to find new books for each holiday their collection has grown over the years and some     books we have recently aged out (tear- farewell touch and feel books) I have always wanted my kids to  enjoy reading and I feel like this is a fun way to cultivate that love of books
-snacks- I like to include other treats beyond just candy in any of our holiday baskets. I find the kids have fun with their themed snacks and I don't feel bad for handing them a sugar OVERLOAD. Don't get me wrong I do include some candy, but I try to limit it and find something "special" for each. 
-Easter themed extras: Being Christian, it is also important for me that I include some items that teach     and help our kids remember their faith. I usually find some great goodies at Mardell and even through  some fun Etsy shops. 

I do generally try to keep all items $5 or under some of the bigger things I may spend a little more on but try to keep the general concept, cute, cheap and FUN!Check out the info graphic below for some of the things in my kiddos Easter Baskets this year! 


Hope you found this inspirational. Now hop to it... Easter is right around the corner and you are going to have just as much fun putting this together as your kiddos have tearing into it. 

Happy Easter! 
                                                                                                                                    Lori




Comments