Winter Whiskey

 I am not usually a whiskey girl but this pandemic has my husband and I trying all the different varieties and flavors and I must say... I am HOOKED!   

I usually go for a red wine either cab or a slightly sweet red are my go-to (Aldi has a great wine selection by the way). I am not a fan however, of the tired feeling when you stop, or the headache that comes the next day. These days this is true for me and ANY wine variety, unfortunately. I have elected to reserve the wine for nights when I can and want to get a very heavy sleep. 

So when I saw this next Whisky variety on a Facebook add I was more than excited to tag my husband and suggest we try it. My husband's go to drink has been Jack and Coke for as long as I’ve known him (hence the whiskey trials this summer). This Jack Daniels Winter Jack is so tasty I could almost drink it straight (almost). My favorite drink has quickly become the following recipe though. It’s simple and I don’t worry too much about having a couple of drinks and getting knocked too far off my low carb/ keto course. Added bonus this drink is pretty dang festive. I hope you enjoy! 


Winter Whiskey

Single Serving:

8oz. Diet Cranberry Juice I used Ocean Spray (you can use any variety but if you are watching carbs or calories keep an eye on the sugar content) 

3oz Winter Jack 

1/2 cup of ice divided

Optional*** cranberries and rosemary to garnish

Pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker (1/4 cup ice reserved in your serving glass). Shake well and pour over ice or whisky cubes if you have them. Top with cranberries and rosemary and let the festivities begin. 

You can make a pitcher and sever as well!. 

For a crowd:

1- 750 mL bottle of Winter Jack - Chilled

1 1/2 Liters of Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice - Chilled

Fresh cranberries & Rosemary for Garnish

Ice or whiskey stones and Serving Glasses for 4 

I suggest chilling the cranberry juice and Whiskey both prior to serving. I would use the full bottle of Winter Jack (750mL) to 1/2 the jug of cranberry juice (3 liter bottle so 1.5 liters of juice) mix in a pitcher and serve over ice. Be sure to garnish here for the festive wow factor! 



                                                                                                                                                     Lori 


Comments